Enter your email address and click Download Now to get your FREE copy of The Insider’s Guide to Smith Mountain Lake Real Estate.
Getting the best deal on your next real estate transaction starts with knowing the market and Smith Mountain Lake is certainly one-of-a-kind! “The Jewel of the Blue Ridge” is a special place where high quality of life meets low cost of living. There’s enough room in this niche market for just about anyone to enjoy the ‘lake life’….if you understand the market!
I’ve co-authored The Insider’s Guide to Smith Mountain Lake Real Estate because I wanted to give buyers and sellers like you a free resource with information necessary to navigate the waters of real estate transactions in this unique market. You’ll find out things like:
- Water access lots vs. Waterfront lots could save you thousands of dollars in your purchase and even give you easier access to enjoying the water.
- Of the three counties surrounding the lake, Bedford county has the least restrictions on short-term vacation rentals and therefore houses most of the vacation investment properties.
- Prices for homes, condos, townhomes, and building lots range from $35,000 to over $2 million so it’s important to know your budget and specifically identify what you are looking for.
- Docks, piers and boat houses aren’t available to all waterfront properties.
- Choosing a cove vs. main channel location will save money on your waterfront home and maintenance on your dock.
- …and a whole lot more!
This free resource also includes information on premiere communities, remodeling opportunities, new construction and more. There’s even a quick guide to recreation and entertainment in the area including water sports, shopping and dinning.
When you sign up for your free copy of the insider’s guide below, I’ll also send you Smart Moves, my must-have real estate resource e-mail newsletter that includes exclusive access to new listings, market updates, realtor tips, and more!
For a whole lot of reasons, Smith Mountain Lake—or SML, as the locals call it—is the most popular lake in Virginia. With breathtaking scenery, pristine waters, abundant recreational opportunities, and a friendly, welcoming community, it’s hard to imagine a better place to live, play, or vacation.