Bridgewater Plaza has everything you need for an active day on the lake from motorsports to superior eats. The complex is located a short 30 to 40 minutes from both Roanoke and Lynchburg on premier waterfront property. Spend the day in the sun partaking in some fun water activities like boating or jetskiing when you rent from the Bridgewater Marina. After you’ve had your fun, however, retreat indoors to eat, shop, and be entertained.
Indulge until your heart’s content at any one of the five fabulous eateries at the Bridgewater Plaza. There’s truly something for everyone.
- Pizza Pub. Lovers of the humble pizza will delight in the offerings at this quaint little restaurant. Enjoy pizza, of course, as well as salads, sandwiches, and delicious fried appetizers like jalapeno poppers and hush puppies. Beer and wine are available for adults who are thirsty.
- Moosie’s. This great little place is ideal for families and friends to gather. There are no shortage of salads and sandwiches, but what people really come for is barbecue, smoked ribs, and chicken.
- Mango’s Bar & Grill. Get in a tropical state of mind at this outdoor patio where you can eat, drink, and be merry. Most come for the drinks and all stick around for the regular live entertainment. Karaoke starts at seven on Thursday nights. You’ve been warned.
- Chopsticks. Switch things up and go for some Chinese cuisine at this classy spot in Bridgewater Plaza. Relish the waterfront seats as the sun goes down and you sip on your cocktail.
- The Lake House Beanery. Not quite ready for an exquisite meal at one of these fine establishments? Stop into the Lake House Beanery for a steaming hot cup of coffee.
If none of those restaurants appeal to you, feel free to stop into the Oar Knot deli. What most people enjoy that spot for, however, is the gifts and wine. You can shop at Bridgewater Sportswear to get equipped for your adventure out on the lake. Here you’ll find all the best swimwear, towels, and even jewelry.
For a more cultural experience, head into The Little Gallery where more than 200 internationally known and local artists display their work for sale. Paintings, sculpture, glass art, jewelry, and pottery—this spot has everything a lover of fine art could ever desire.
Rain or shine, the Bridgewater Plaza has something to excite and delight. At night, the live entertainment at Mango’s draws in the crowds, and by day, there’s plenty to keep even the littlest family members happy and engaged. A deck fifteen feet over the lake is home to a 18 holes of mini golf, and inside, the Fun-N-Games Arcade entices even the biggest of kids. The best part? Play old school and pay with nickels and redeem your tickets for a myriad of prizes.
The Plaza Has It All
Get out on the town for a scrumptious meal or take the kids for a boat ride and a round of mini golf. There’s so much to do at the Bridgewater Plaza on Smith Mountain Lake, so make sure a visit is in your future.